Construction Office Coordinator
GFS Texas – Dallas, TX
GFS Texas an established Commercial Fire Protection Company based in Dallas, Texas is looking for a highly experienced sales project administrator to support the project management team and liaison with the customers, accounting department. At least 10 years of recent experience in commercial construction sales project administration is required. Experience in construction scheduling is a plus. Some of the following skills needed:
- Thorough understanding of project scheduling and construction management project structure.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written, extremely organized with all paperwork and contracts with attention to detail. Able to implement systems.
- Advanced knowledge of all Microsoft Office and Adobe programs.
- Ability to make smart decisions under moderate pressure and multi-tasking
- Excellent follow-up and time management skills
- Understanding of accounting (including work order billings, subcontracts, purchase orders, change orders, etc.)
- Administrative Responsibilities include:
- Ensure compliance of operations staff and subcontractors with established company rules, regulations and procedures. Work with the construction estimators, inspectors and liaison with customers and accounting team.
- Interact with Finance, Sales and Administration teams to ensure collaboration.
- Ability to correspond with clients and client representatives.
- Track and keep current company certifications.
- Compile summary weekly and monthly reports.
- Assist with resource allocation, scheduling and tracking; improve operational systems.
- Obtain necessary approvals from field and operations staff to enforce process controls
- Set up and maintain client and vendor filing system of internal files in hard and soft copy
Support Duties include:
- Assist in managing and updating project budgets and schedules, and other project documentation including RFIs, submittals, drawing sets, and distributions
- Assist in developing simple schedules and coordinating with inspectors and subcontractors as necessary
- Monitor contractor documentation performance receive and assign service requests
- Assist the inspectors with delivery of deficiency reports to customers and Cities within the allocated time of 5 days.
- Assist the construction estimators with preparing consulting costs and final quotations to the customer.
- Monitor project management budgeting and scheduling processes.
- Experience required.
- Degree preferred.
- Strong work ethics is essential.
Office Systems and Software Qualifications required:
- Creation and updating of templates, master documents and styles.
- Editing and reformatting of outlined created technical specifications for construction.
- The creation and editing of standard office documents; letters, memos, minutes, etc.
- PowerPoint presentations; integration of graphics and text
- Strong ability to create and modify Excel spreadsheets (including basic formulas)
- Create and Edit Adobe Acrobat documents and forms
- Edit photos and graphics in Adobe Photoshop and/or Paint.net
- Working knowledge MS Project is a plus
If you’d like to work with friendly people who value team spirit as well as individual accomplishment, please email your resume with a cover letter indicating salary history and requirements. Email Resume for Job Opportunity’s
Please No phone calls.